Step 3 of 3 – Allocation & Learnings
At the end of the pilot program there are two important steps to take. The first is to finalize the fund allocation process. The second is to debrief the experience to dig deeply into what you and your congregation learned along the way. Below is a series of questions that will help you allocate the funds purposefully and to debrief the experience.
- Who will determine the proper use of the funds?
- Should the committee be comprised of all People of Color or just majority POC?
- What should the other demographic make-up of the committee be like? Economic diversity? Gender diversity? etc…
- Will the committee include congregation members, outside advisors, or a mixture of the two?
- Who has the ultimate decision-making authority for how to use the funds? If the committee decides something that a congregational stake-holder disagrees with, how would that be handled?
- Questions for the committee to consider:
- Will the funds be distributed locally, nationally, or globally?
- Will the funds be given to something music-specific ?
- Will the funds be divided up to multiple people/organizations or all sent to one place?
- Will the funds be given anonymously or with the church’s name attached to it?
- Who will actually distribute the funds once the committee has done its work?
- How will you get feedback from the program participants?
- Sample Questions for the participants to consider and/or document:
- Are you more aware of when or how much music from other peoples/cultures is being used in your worship services?
- Are you more knowledgeable about past racial injustices?
- If your group/congregation decides to continue the program, what changes would you make and why?
- If your group/congregation decides not to continue the program, why not?
- Do you believe the program made a tangible difference in the life of your congregation?
- Do you believe the program made a tangible difference in the life of a person or persons of color?
- How has participating in this program changed or effected your spiritual journey?
We Plan to Participate. Keep Us In the Loop!
Share Your Participation
My congregation is looking forward to participating in this exciting new program! https://congregationalsong.org/reparations-royalty-pilot-program/
Go to the Previous Step