Step 1 of 3 – Scope
Each congregation will need to determine for themselves how comprehensive their reparations royalty program should be. Below is a series of questions that will help you determine the scope of your program.
- Who will be partaking in this program? Will it be the whole congregation, one particular service, or a small group within the church like the choir?
- What types of music will be counted towards your reparations royalty program? Only musics from African Americans? All POC? Music by white composers written in non-European styles?
- Who will track/administer the program for your congregation?
- How much money will be donated per piece? How will the money be collected? How will the money be safely kept until disbursement?
- How long will you commit to running the pilot program?
- Who will hold you and your congregation accountable to seeing the pilot program through?
Go to the Next Step