Amount: Up to $1000
For composers and writers who are in the midst of their career, it is often hard to find time to write. With busy schedules, it’s even harder to find time and space for writing with collaboration partners. Each year, The Center for Congregational Song is now offering a grant for individual artists to support their efforts to collaborate with their colleagues.
What this grant is designed to support:
- Bringing together new or existing collaborative partners to write new congregational song
- A gathering designed and run by an individual or small group
- Hymn Society members (non-members can apply, but priority will be given to members’ applications)
- Travel, Food, and/or Lodging expenses for gatherings as described above.
What this grant is not designed to support:
- For-profit entities or other non-profit organizations
- Events planned with a differentiation between leaders and participants (like conferences, workshops, and other large-scale events)
- Individual projects that aren’t collaborative in nature
- A completed application (see form below)
- Including: A list of collaboration partners, anticipated expenses, and goals for your time together
- If grant is awarded, receipts totaling the grant amount will be required two weeks after the completion of your retreat.